Who: Kerry Hannon
What: Learn, Laugh, Act
Why: Motivate, Inspire, Connect
I‘m a keynote speaker, moderator and best-selling author of 13 books, who will capture the hearts and minds of your attendees and send them home encouraged and motivated to take charge of their lives both personally and professionally.
They (and you) will learn about the many ways to achieve not only a bigger bank account, but the inner richness of doing work with love, with people you care about and making each day count.
I am a nationally recognized expert, workplace futurist, strategist and spokesperson on entrepreneurship, career transitions, personal finance and retirement. I’m a frequent TV and radio commentator and am a sought-after keynote speaker at conferences across the country.
My expert columns appear regularly in The New York Times, PBS Next Avenue, MarketWatch and Forbes.
Millions of viewers, readers and listeners have been motivated by my enthusiastic, upbeat energy and can-do, down-to-earth message.
- I share proven strategies that help entrepreneurs-to-be start a business or nonprofit enterprise at midlife and discover the joys of entrepreneurship.
- I deliver smart steps to save for a financially secure retirement.
- I’m a sherpa to help women get back on their feet after a loss of a spouse, or a divorce.
- I guide companies on ways to succeed with a multi-generational workplace and embrace the value of an experienced worker.
- I deliver a punchy, heartfelt and action-oriented message.
My diverse audiences range in age from 20s to 80s and beyond. My stages range from college campuses and community libraries to civic auditoriums and convention center arenas with audiences of 1,500 or more.
Your attendees (and you) will leave my presentation motivated to take control of their money and their lives as well as skillfully inspire and lead hiring managers and corporate execs on methods to adapt to the new world of work.
My latest bestselling books are In Control at 50+: How to Succeed in the New World of Work, Great Pajama Jobs: Your Complete Guide to Working From Home and Never Too Old to Get Rich: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Starting a Business Mid-Life.
Frank, sometimes funny, and always inspiring and engaging presentations custom-tailored to your audience include:
BOOSTING AND BUILDING INTERGENERATIONAL WORKFORCES
Our world is aging. By 2040, about one in five Americans will be age 65 or older, up from about one in eight in 2000.
That’s more than double over the next 40 years, reaching 80 million in 2040. The number of adults ages 85 and older, the group most often needing help with basic personal care, will nearly quadruple between 2000 and 2040.
This is huge. What this means is that: The workforce is aging at an unparalleled rate with fewer and fewer younger workers entering the workforce and more and more people staying on the job in some fashion beyond conventional retirement age.
The challenge of creating a workplace that thrives with age diversity is the key to economic growth and success in the future. Kerry energetically explores why this is an exciting time.
She delves into:
- the bold case for older workers
- smart innovative strategies leaders can deploy to maximize the skills and energy of both generations to maximize success and minimize conflict
- how to keep older workers from retiring and retain talent
Traditionally, leaders have dedicated time to the transfer of skills and know-how from older to younger workers. But Kerry explains how the reverse is what’s needed to truly transform the culture and navigate the future workplace demands though creating lifelong learning platforms, enhanced communication, ending ageist attitudes and delivering autonomy to workers that empowers individuals and builds teams.
THE FUTURE OF WORK: HOW TO SUCCEED IN THE NEW WORLD OF WORK
This session will explore how longer lifespans are changing everything we know about work, life and learning. Kerry will discuss the shift that is driving social and economic change around the world.
When the coronavirus pandemic upended the US economy, many older workers lost their jobs and saw their retirement accounts take a hit. Those who remain employed are grappling with a new way of working: remotely from home, sometimes in isolation, facing daunting technological and social challenges. Kerry explores how individuals and corporate leaders can navigate this new normal. Her message and advice empowers leaders and individuals take control of their professional and economic future―with hope, confidence, and optimism.
Kerry Hannon offers advice, guidance, and concrete action steps that will enable older workers to succeed in the workplace and prepare for a financially secure retirement. And Kerry offers action steps for employers to harness the power and potential of an experienced workforce.
The session features inspiring case studies of how workers over 50 have successfully pivoted and thrived. And studies of employers on the forefront of this movement. It identifies ways to succeed as a remote worker and remote work can fight ageism. She discusses the rising trend of career transitions at mid-life and how to navigate that shift, as well as the surge in entrepreneurship for older workers.
These trends were in place before the pandemic but have accelerated. She will reveal:
- jobs that will be in demand in the post-pandemic economy
- leading companies providing new opportunities for older workers in a variety of fields.
- resources for full-time employees, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and mangers and business owners alike
- how to land a job you love at 50+
- the way to a brighter professional and financial future
RE-ENVISIONING RETIREMENT: HOW TO PLAN FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER: FINDING PURPOSE AND A PAYCHECK
Retirement clocks are re-setting as Boomers and Gen Xers age and realize that they need to stay on the job longer to finance longer lifespans and for the mental and social engagement. At the same time, employers grapple with a dearth of employees and have an unprecedented number of job openings. Kerry’s presentation will explore: Why financial security, money confidence and a safety net that work in some form can provide is the key to overall health and wellness. How leaders in the for-profit and not-for profit spheres can tap this demographic change that is barreling into the future so it’s a win on both sides. This session will tap into:
- the changing role of the financial advisor
- steps workers must make to stay on top of the workplace shifts that can bolster productivity and performance
- change that must come from employers in their approach to hiring and workplace development, training, and upskilling
- how these moves will contribute to a strong economy on a macro level
HOW THE POWER OF WOMEN IS RE-MAKING THE WORKPLACE AND THE ECONOMY
Kerry Hannon explores how the rise of women as entrepreneurs and leaders in the workplace is transforming their relationship to their money, their partners, spouses, co-workers, and careers. Her presentation exposes: the crucial ways that women are changing the workplace and management; and how they’re tapping increased influence to create a better world.
Kerry offers insights into:
- what they look for in a financial advisor
- the kinds of investments they support and advocate for
- how their leadership is creating a resilient workplace that embraces diversity at all ages
NEVER TOO OLD TO GET RICH:
Kerry Hannon examines how to start a successful business mid-life. When you think of someone launching a start-up, the image of a twenty-something techie probably springs to mind. However, Gen Xers and Baby Boomers are just as likely to start businesses and reinvent themselves later in life. Never Too Old to Get Rich is an exciting presentation for anyone at mid-life looking to be their own boss and launch their dream business.
Kerry provides up-to-date resources and guidance for launching a business when you’re 45+. She reveals snappy profiles of successful older entrepreneurs, describing their inspirational journeys launching businesses and nonprofits, and delivers action steps. Kerry walks you through her three-part fitness program: guidelines for becoming financially fit, physically fit, and spiritually fit, before delving more deeply into how would-be entrepreneurs can succeed.
• Describes how you can find capital to start your own business
• Offers encouraging stories of real people who have become their own bosses and succeeded as entrepreneurs
• Teaches you how to start your own business
MONEY CONFIDENCE: FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE FOR WOMEN AT EVERY AGE
Kerry Hannon shows you and inspires women of all ages to create a joyful and purposeful life by taking control of their financial lives.
When it comes to money, women and men have different attitudes and approaches to how they manage it and grow their wealth. Sure, the pay gap is a huge obstacle for women, but ageism and lookism also impact their earnings potential and career trajectories.
But in fact, our culture, still creates a world where when in their 20s invest in marketing themselves with the right makeup clothes and social events, while men at that age tend to begin investing and saving. And they still say that finances bore them, or they aren’t good at math. Seriously!! But for women, who tend to live longer than men and bear the burden of caregiving for children and aging relatives this is not sustainable for future financial security.
The pandemic clearly showed that as women exited the workforce in overwhelming numbers. Kerry will discuss the big picture moves employers and leaders can take to support their female workers and change attitudes internally as well as the nitty-gritty steps women can take to build their money mojo and muscles.
In this insightful and personal speech, Kerry walks through:
- mistakes she has made
- provides an action plan for women to do that inner MRI exploration of their relationship with money and investing
- how to combat their fears about the future and making mistakes
- why being too cautious can be a huge problem for women
- why it’s ok to spend and enjoy their lives today.
More topics to Kerry is delighted to unpack:
- Financial Confidence, Health Confidence, Self Confidence
- Master Aging, Engage, Educate, Inspire
- How to Find a Great Job at Any Stage of Life
- How to Discover Your Passion
- Your Career Transition Roadmap
- Great Pajama Jobs: How to Find a Great Remote Job and Succeed
- The Joy of Reinvention: Discovering New Passion, Profits and Purpose
- How to Fall in Love with Your Job (again); Reviving a Stalled Career
- How to Find Work with Meaning and a Paycheck
- Unleash Your Potential: Be Your Own Boss
- What New College Grads Need to Know About Money…and Living a Rich Life
- Taking Charge: What’s Different Financially for Women: An Age-by-Age Guide: Key Financial Questions Every Woman Should Ask and Actions to take NOW
- Suddenly Single: Money Skills for Divorcees and Widows
- Women in the Workplace. How to Negotiate for Pay, Promotions and More.
- Managing Your Money Solo for Women
- Making it Work: Today’s Multi-Generational Workplace
Specialties: the future of the workplace, midlife entrepreneurship, personal finance for longer lives, retirement planning, career transition, women and financial security
Home base: Washington, DC
Web site: Kerryhannon.com
Click below for some of my top advice for those ready to launch a business:
Book Now for Speaking & Media Appearances in 2022
Whether you are looking for a speaker or moderator for a corporate event, women’s conference, arena event, off site conference, or financial workshop, I would like to be your go-to option.
I’m also available to be a thought leader, workplace strategist, or expert brand ambassador if our goals are aligned–to make people’s financial and work lives their personal best. It’s about them not us.
What are you waiting for?
To book me for your event, you can go the traditional professional avenue by contacting the amazing speaking bureau that represents me Leading Authorities, or pop a line to my supernova literary agent, Linda Konner at The Linda Konner Literary Agency. LDKONNER@cs.com, or, what the heck, I’d like to talk to you personally. If you’re in the mood, contact me directly at Kerry@KerryHannon.com
I have worked with the following companies, nonprofits and universities:
A few glowing remarks that make me blush…
“Kerry Hannon is the go-to source to help women find financial security and confidence. She skillfully embraces the need for women, who find themselves on their own, to take control of their financial future, take responsibility, and continue to educate themselves about financial choices. Importantly, read this book to find out how to take a look at your financial situation, make decisions based on your individual needs, and make sure you understand an investment before you put your money into it.”
Don Blandin, president and CEO of the Investor Protection Trust (IPT) and the Investor Protection Institute (IPI)
“The greatest feeling in life is knowing who you are, doing what you love, and living the life you enjoy. Kerry Hannon leads you to that place.”
–Richard Leider, International Best-Selling Author of The Power of Purpose
“As people are living longer, there’s ever more desire to get the most out of the hours we spend at work. Kerry Hannon can help you cure the career blahs, tackle serious burnout, and get your spark back.”
–Daniel Pink, Author of Drive and A Whole New Mind.
“Kerry Hannon shares expert insights in a simple steps. In doing so, she lovingly offers an empowering message for newly single women that they can take control of their finances as they move forward their lives.”
—Catherine Collinson, President of Transamerica Institute
“Kerry provides practical strategies for a wide range of difficult decisions that women enter a new life stage will need to make to ensure their future economic security.”
–M. Cindy Hounsell, President, Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement
“As a noted authority on work and careers, Kerry knows exactly what the rest of us need to do to become more fulfilled at our jobs. Take her advice and I’m confident you’ll get more out of work and more out of life.”
–Richard Eisenberg, Managing Editor of PBS Next Avenue.org.
“Millions of older Americans will have to work longer to achieve a secure retirement, but burnout can be a big obstacle. Now we’ve got a thoughtful, action plan for staying engaged and passionate about work from one of the best experts on careers after age 50—Kerry Hannon.”
—Mark Miller, author of Jolt and retirement columnist for Reuters, Morningstar, and WealthManagement.com
“Work should offer more than a paycheck. Work is also a big part of the daily search for meaning, the desire for a sense of fulfillment, the pursuit of community and connections. Kerry Hannon has the wisdom she’s gathered over the years interviewing, thinking, and writing about jobs and careers—insights she brilliantly translates into practical strategies for us to consider.”
—Chris Farrell, author of Purpose and a Paycheck
“Kerry Hannon demonstrates that loving your job is not a mysterious process, and it does not depend on the power or whims of others. She succinctly explains the specific set of behaviors, actions, thoughts, and beliefs that lead to meaningful job satisfaction now and in the future.”
—Bruce Rosenstein, Managing Editor, Leader to Leader, and author of Create Your Future the Peter Drucker Way
Have a look and listen:
The Dr. Phil Show in Hollywood, CA. Topic: Older Workers/Younger Bosses Watch the video
TIAA Expert Webcast: Living Your Passions in Your Bonus Years. Featuring W2W Expert Kerry Hannon and TIAA Wealth Management Director, Melanie Simons discuss living your passions in your bonus years.
- Picture and plan for the possibilities to make the most of your bonus years.
- Embrace the future and look forward to what you’re going to do during this time.
- Learn what you can do now to pinpoint your passions and build a financial plan to support them.
Kerry on Great Jobs Media Tour.